Baking with Honey.
1. Substitute honey for sugar cup for cup in almost any recipe.
2. Reduce liquids by 1/4 cup per cup of honey used and decrease oven temperature by 25 degrees as honey scorches easily.
3. Use air-layer cooking sheets when possible.
4. If the recipe does not call for extra liquids, a small amount of flour can be added to compensate for the extra liquid.
5. When measuring honey, moisten the cup or spoon with oil or melted butter before measuring honey.
Honey Peach Cobbler
1 1/2 lb sliced peaches
1 1/4 cups flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup Honey
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup butter
1/2 cup brown Sugar
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Cream shortening, sugar and honey until smooth and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with milk, melted butter, sour milk, and flour. Add brown sugar stirring until butter and sugar are well blended.
Pour mixture into an 8 “ square cake pan.
Arrange sliced peaches on mixture. Pour cake batter over peaches.
Bake at 325o F for 45 to 50 minutes.